Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5 inch reflector variations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
disemjg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a number of these and just got another that is somewhat different. The reflector can only be pulled OUT from the NORMAL setting, whereas all the others are pushed in from the NORMAL setting, making the reflector a bit more compact for storage. They appear to be for the same bayonet base bulbs. Any idea as to why they changed the design? The extra length makes it more awkward to store in the case, as it wants to rub on the finder of the camera stored next to it. Mabye this is an early pattern and the others are later designs modified to provide more clearance?
t.r.sanford

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used my 5-in. reflector in awhile, but I remember that it moves forward in its plastic housing to provide a narrower beam, i.e. a higher guide number if you are using a long-focus lens. I don't know whether it also moves back; I never tried that!

The "Graflite" manual says, "the reflector may be adjusted for spot focusing by loosening the lock nut at the top of the reflector head...and moving the reflector forward," which is true of my reflector.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: