Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strobe 250 Manual/ information

View previous topic :: View next topic  
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a Strobe 250 user manual to share?
OR
How long should the RG pack be charged?
What does the Blinking of the On/Off switch mean when in the On position?
How warm/hot does the charger and RG pack get when charging, assuming the unit is functioning correctly?
What was the amp hour rating of the origional NiCads?
Charles

clnfrd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you've already seen this on Google: http://www.manualsrus.com/CScripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=59

Fred
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
Can mutiple heads be run from one power supply?

clnfrd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no experience with this particular model, so I don't know.. I thought that possibly the manual you can down-load for 10 bucks or so would answer most of your questions. Any charger I've used runs a little warm. As far as the amp-hour rating of ni-cads, I'd go with the highest maH rating that will fit. Running multiple heads from one power supply doesn't sound logical, unless the high-voltage & trigger caps are in the heads, then it may be possible to charge them all from one supply, although it would take a bit longer. If several heads were parallelled, decoupling diodes could prevent interaction between the heads. Fred.
Graflite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

45PSS:

Q: Does anyone have a Strobe 250 user manual to share?

A: I looked, but sadly no, but perhaps I can answer your questions.

Q: How long should the RG pack be charged?

A: The Strob RG Battery Charger #2291 (AC socket wall charger) calls for a 3 hour re-charge for the Strob 250RG Pack and a 16 hour re-charge for the Strob 500RG Pack, and you should charge for a goal of a 8.5 second recycle time.

Q: What does the Blinking of the On/Off switch mean when in the On position?

A: This neon lamp (L-2) is built into the On-Off switch (S-1) and acts as a simple relaxation oscillator, which flashes to indicate an incoming charge to the capacitors in the flash unit, however it is not entirely accurate, as it will also flash at voltages not strong enough to trigger the flashtube.

Also the S-1 Switch must be switched to OFF in order to charge the battery pack.

Q: How warm/hot does the charger and RG pack get when charging, assuming the unit is functioning correctly?

A: If I recall the wall charger gets warmer than the lower portion of the battery pack, but neither should get warmer than what is comfortable to touch.

Q: What was the amp hour rating of the original NiCads?

A: I don't recall anymore, but I believe that it was probably 1600maH, however I rebuilt a Ni-Cad Pack for the Strob 500RG a while back and used 4400maH batteries and this worked out very well for me, as well as not having to charge the pack as much.

Q: Can multiple heads be run from one power supply?

A: No, not on the Strob 250, but you can on the Strob 500 Control Head (top portion).

Hope this helps.

graflite
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ask the questions about an hour after I replaced the dead, leaking batteries with Rasdio Shack 1400mh Ni Cad's. and pluged in the charger. Then I searched the fourm for the information.
I charged the pack for about 5 hours, charger and battery pack did not get any warmer after 30 minutes so I assumed the general information about charger/battery packs I'm familuar with was accurate enough to determine that all was in bounds. Graflite, your responce confirms that.
And the Head(s) work also!

Has anyone seen a schematic for the charger? (In case mine fails)

Thanks,
Charles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: