Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex 35 -which flash works???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjwalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Graflex 35 with the funky focusing buttons. Its a really sweet camera but I want to fit a electronic flash to it and it IS x synced but all efforts with several flashes have failed, this has also been the case with my graflex 22 w/ x sync. I don't get it. If all fails I will put in a pc socket on the graflex 22 TLR but I don't think that would be feasible with the 35. Anyone have any suggestions?
jdman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the 22 and graphic 35 have non standard mounts for Electronic shoe mount flashes. The bulb flash for these worked fine. I suspect if you have got the shoe mount flash on and it still does not work, then either the center contact is not making or the shutter contacts are bad. There are pc to shoe mount adaptors made, that can be made to work on these mounts to convert to PC. Before giving up if you can meter the center pin and the other lead to ground. Trip the shutter and you should see a blip on X sync. You should see a more positive reading on M sync. Set the meter on about 10,000 ohms when checking X sync. Russ
jjwalker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that it might be in the shutter itself but when it was the same results with both of the cameras I thought that would be to much of a coincidence. Maybe not. I will put a meter on of some sort to see if current really flows when it fires. Thanks for that piece of advice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> 35mm Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: