Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Those that went before....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graflex Sid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relegated to the history books as ALL TIME GREATS...
CONCORDE
SPEED GRAPHICS
STEAM TRAINS
FLYING BOATS
GOING TO THE MOON

Im sure you Guys,could add more...but it's nice that they are 'preserved' (except going to the moon)that they come out for an airing once in a while.
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you say that, Sid. I agree. A couple of weeks ago, I aired out my newest Baby Speed on a photo documentary of the historic structures on a local National Wildlife Refuge. It was the first time out for that camera, a pretty mahogany and brass baby that I spent last winter resurecting from a lump of moldy, corroded junk. It is equipped with the legendary Ektar 105mm f/3.7 and it performed admirably. (Yes, mahogany and polished brass. Beautiful!)

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
Graflex Sid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Glenn,
That's what I like to hear,the old work-horse is'nt on the shelf BUT out there still being used today.

Beautiful workmanship no wonder people stop and ask questions when they see it appear.

Built to last,treated well,it goes on forever.Mine are used weekly,mainly B/W via 120 film backs.

I don't believe looking at these things as museum objects, if I wanted that,I would have collected stamps or paintings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: