Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ron Wisner reinvents the Graflex

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at this:

http://www.wisner.com/freedom.htm

Interesting that it uses a lens in shutter and has no focal plane shutter.
AWT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and all for the one LOW price of $3500!

Ouch.

bryanlaplante

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How on earth does it work with an in-lens shutter? Someone messed about with leaf shutter SLR's in the 50's and found that the mechanism is way too complex and unreliable. The shutter must be open initially, then when you fire 1) close shutter, 2) move mirror, 3) trip shutter on normal speed. I'm assuming that they didn't implement mirror return and shutter re-open!

Personally I think I should strip the leather off my Graflex, varnish it, and offer it for $1800. [Just kidding folks!!!]
MikeS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I don't think it would be real hard to do. I have a Polaroid MP-3 camera body that I bought mostly for all the accessories it had with it. The Copal shutters that were made for Polaroid have the press to focus done with a cable release, and it opens both the iris, and the shutter (I don't know if a normal Copal does this, I've never had one). On the MP-3 there's a button that lets you slide between a film back, and a focusing screen, and when you release it the shutter automatically closes / stops down to the selected f stop.

Using a shutter similiar to this it would be fairly easy to have it release the shutter while it's raising up the mirror. I think you could also have the releasing of the mirror also activate a second cable release to fire the press type shutter.

Keep in mind that what I'm talking about is pure theory, I've never seen the Freedom camera, so I have no idea how they're actually doing this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: