Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Globe Strob 250 and Globe Strob 500

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graflite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that the knowledgeable (and often helpful) readers of this forum could answer some questions I have been scratching my aching head over.

(1) Does anyone know why (or heard why) the Globe Strob 250 has an open flash switch and the Globe Strob 500 does not

(2) Does anyone know why the Globe Strob 250 and the Globe Strob 500 does not have a flash ready light?

(3) Finally, does anyone remember the instructions and parts needed to install a flash ready light in the head of an older Stroboflash II or Stroboflash IV head (I still wonder if there was ever a III).

My mind likes to play games with me lately, but I do remember selling Graflex equipment in the early 70's, but can't remember the answers to these questions and was wondering if those with better memories could help me out?

I thank you, in advance, for your time and effort for my (and other's) benefit.

"graflite"
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(1) Does anyone know why (or heard why) the Globe Strob 250 has an open flash switch and the Globe Strob 500 does not

I have service manuals for the Strobe 250 and the Strobe 500/Globe Strobe 500 so I will assume the Globe 250 to be the same relationship to the Strobe 250 as the 500s are.
The Strobe 250 has the on/off switch in the power supply. The Strobe 500 has the on/off switch in the strobe head. The Strobe 250 needed a second switch to keep the positive battery wireing connected to the head circuit when the battery was removed to provide bleed down. The 500 was wired differently and does not need the switch.
Quote:
(3) Finally, does anyone remember the instructions and parts needed to install a flash ready light in the head of an older Stroboflash II or Stroboflash IV head (I still wonder if there was ever a III).

The Stroboflash repair manual only shows one head and a I, II, III, and IV power supply. The III is listed as discontinued and is simular to the IV and to use the IV service instructions for repair.
Now, where do I send the Jpeg or Pix file of the scanned Service Buliten that tells how to add a ready light to any Stroboflash?
(Your choise of file type)
Charles

Graflite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles:

Please check your private messages, I sent my e-mail address to you for your very kind offer to send a .jpg file on adding a flash ready light to any Stroboflash head and I am most grateful to you.

I am very close now, having all of the parts in stock now, to building from scratch, using NEW parts, a hybrid strobe Flashgun that uses a flash strobe tube instead of flash bulbs, but looks like a bulb type flashgun, that would not look too out of place on my late 50's Pacemaker Crown.

I have an empty #2773 battery case with the top socket and bottom cap that someone tried to fix and then gave to me, however I hope to start using aluminum or SS thin wall tubing for the hybrid flashgun instead of trashing (and ruining) a bulb flashgun.

It uses the same parts as the Globe Strob 500 and takes it's power from the heavy Strob 500 battery pack, which is the only drawback, as I had hoped to use a lighter battery pack (such as the Sunpak Ni-Cad pack) but the voltage is less on the Sunpak than the Graflex, but this might become another project in the future?

One of the reasons for my earlier post was that I was thinking of adding an "open flash switch" to this hybrid flashgun so that I might be able to "paint with light" (so to speak) while the shutter was kept open, if needed, to light a large area.

As for the flash ready light, after looking at the schematics for the Strob 500 reflector head (that does have a flash ready light), I then thought that adding such a light to the hybrid flashgun might be a problem, however hopefully the info from Charles will clear up any confusion on my part.

Again, Charles, thanks for the valuable info and the offer of sending info to my e-mail.

"graflite"
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else want a copy? Just ask.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: