Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphic Back & Ready Load Holders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobF

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What experience do people have with ready load film and the Graphic back? From what I understand they can be used but are finicky. Are some better than others or should they be avoided altogether?

Thanks.

[ This Message was edited by: BobF on 2003-07-29 08:23 ]
RichS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience... But can offer a suggestion.
Many people do recommend using a Polaroid 545(i) holder for resdyloads. It's supposed to work as well, some say better. As some say the 'i' is better than the straight 545, but it's open to opinions.
I mention this for two reasons. The Polaroid holder is great for shooting Polaroids (that's odd). Something I think everyone should do, even just for the fun of it. You can't use a readyload holder for Polaroid film. You can use the Polaroid holder for readyload film...
And I've never heard of any problems with the Polaroid holder and a Graphic back. Could be wrong though? I did use my 545i in my View's Graphic back before I replaced it, so I know it at least works and I didn't have any problems...
I'm sure someone else here has tried a readyload in a Graphic back and maybe they'll comment. But if one holder works fine, so should they all... But ya never can tell...

BobF

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rich. The Crown I bought does have a Polaroid 545 back included so that's certainly an option for me. I hadn't heard of people doing that before, interesting. Don't know if it's the "i" version but will find out when it arrives in a week or so.
RichS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-07-29 10:27, BobF wrote:
Thanks Rich. The Crown I bought does have a Polaroid 545 back included so that's certainly an option for me. I hadn't heard of people doing that before, interesting. Don't know if it's the "i" version but will find out when it arrives in a week or so.

If you've already got the 545, then the best suggestion is to get some readyloads and give it a try. It works for a lot of other people.

Tha only reason I suggest an 'i' to people is because in a 'View Camera' magazine article, the 545 and 545i were tested with readyloads (and quick loads). They stated that the 'i' version worked better, even better than the holders from Kodak and Fuji! But I've heard a lot of people say that the 545 is just as good or better. So again, I think it comes down to opinions. I have the 545, 545i and 545Pro here. Of all of them, I like the 545i the best, but there's a different reason for me. It was my first Polaroid holder and it's in much better shape than my 545. Plus it's smaller and lighter than the pro. Although I've recently put the Pro in the film bag. Mostly because "I have it, I better get some use out of it". Overall, like lenses & cameras, I think it's the condition of the holder that counts more than the model here. I'm pretty sure someone here has used a 545 with readyloads and maybe they'll comment? I could be wrong... And as everyone knows by now, I'm certainly not afraid of being wrong!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: