Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daily News Symbol & Gallery...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graflex Sid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone spotted the NY Daily News logo-keeping,I hope,the tradition of the SPEED GRAPHIC alive after all this time...
...it is also interesting to view the 'gallery' section of the pictures *******-which I presume in the selection is the famous photograph taken with the S.G. of the Hindenburg dirigible crashing in 1937.
Very impressive b/w picture-a classic.

It's also interesting to note that many of the older pictures must have also been taken with the SPEED GRAPHIC that dominate the gallery.Especially in the crime section,also glad to see the names of the photographers are mentioned.

But it's interesting about that 'symbol'..Three Cheers to the paper.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-06-15 02:54, Graflex Sid wrote:
Has anyone spotted the NY Daily News logo-keeping,I hope,the tradition of the SPEED GRAPHIC alive after all this time...
...it is also interesting to view the 'gallery' section of the pictures *******-which I presume in the selection is the famous photograph taken with the S.G. of the Hindenburg dirigible crashing in 1937.
Very impressive b/w picture-a classic.

It's also interesting to note that many of the older pictures must have also been taken with the SPEED GRAPHIC that dominate the gallery.Especially in the crime section,also glad to see the names of the photographers are mentioned.

But it's interesting about that 'symbol'..Three Cheers to the paper.

About so many pictures having been taken back when with Graphics, they were pretty much the only camera that US press photographers used then. The smaller formats weren't competitive with Graphics because of the low quality of the films available in the '30s. When films got better and editors who believed that 4x5 was the one true way died off, Graphics went away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: