Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will there be a forum *******s or trade?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishhead

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 4:32 pm    Post subject: Will there be a forum *******s or trade? Reply with quote

Specific for graflex items??
________
Ford Edge specifications

Last edited by Fishhead on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fishhead

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I was sensored!!!

***** sensor also?
________
Montana medical marijuana dispensary

Last edited by Fishhead on Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
klotz

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good question. We'd prefer it if you used a photo dealer. Those folks know a lot about the cameras, repair them, keep parts, etc. Let's keep them in business for a few more years.

Talking about where to buy or sell things is OK, but we don't want the Graflex.org site to be a competitor to photo stores and dealers.

Or, use E-Bay, which is a seller's market (high prices for buyers).

[ This Message was edited by: klotz on 2001-05-10 16:23 ]
Fishhead

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2001 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most camera stores I deal with have NO clue what I am talking about...

I should by a part for my View camera from a guy who has never seen the camera before?? And wouldn't be able to suggest a better alternative..

I would be better off buying/trading a part from a guy like Les who seems to have a great deal of smarts about Graflex in his head..
________
Marvin T. Runyon

Last edited by Fishhead on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
klotz

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2001 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's exactly the kind of thing we're trying to encourage. I'm sure if Les is selling things he'd be pleased. If anyone wants to set up shop and sell stuff off their own web site or storefront, we're happy to put in a listing in http://graflex.org/speed-graphic/where-to-get.html

Here's my soapbox about photo stores and knowledgeable individuals:

If your local photo store doesn't have the stuff you want, you can find a mail order or web place that does. For Graflex parts mail order, it's hard to beat places like Midwest Photo Exchange (Ohio is a bit of a drive from Chicago, but they have a great website). MPEX bought the entire supply of Graflex parts from the Graflex Western Division service, and kept them warehoused, and found a suitable individual to take on the business. Or try Steven Shuart in Pennsylvania; his prices are high, but he's knowledgeable and his quality is good.

In my own town, there's a great photo store that stocks and sells plenty of stuff, and they know and care about cameras and equipment. But photo stores with such people are closing left and right, and are replaced with "imaging centers" that stock only digital and APS.

Les

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2001 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the complement. As my wife says, "When it comes to useless information about anything Les is just full of it."

And speaking of useless information. Stephen Shuart's father worked for the AV arm of Graflex.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: