Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Busch Pressman 2x3 vs. Anniversary 3x4 Graphic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryanlaplante

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2x3 Busch Pressman arrived today, picked up off eBay for a project. I currently have a 3x4 Anniversary Speed Graphic. Interesting differences to note:

• Has front back tilt, shift, and rise. (point to Busch)

• Lens board needed has round corners and appears to be held on with 4 tiny thru-screws in each corner. Lens changes won't be a field operation, and the board will be harder to home build (point to Anniversary Graphic)

• Viewfinder doesn't appear to have any provision for slip-in masks... but the lens will be hard to change, so who would need them? (point to Anniv. Graphic)

• Focus scale is very cute - I've never seen anything like this before - a transparent scale with numbers is superimposed over a fixed scale engraved on the bed rail - when two numbers (like 10) line up they appear bold and sharp. Cool, but getting one for a different lens is going to be tough - and making one ?

• the front back tilt mechanism sticks up right to the edge of the lensboard, so as to interfere with larger shutters. The lensboard isn't big on the 2x3 - only 2 5/16", so a shutter bigger than 2 5/16" diameter will interfere unless you space it out about 3/8". I don't know if the baby graphics suffer this problem or not.

• It is really cute though - and while a graflok isn't a bolt-on operation, I can't imagine that it would be impossible so long as you were willing to make a proper adapter and recalibrate the infinity stops.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: