Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vue-Focus Rangefinder Adjustment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcrow

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that there are instructions for adjusting the Kalart rangefinder here. Does anyone have information on adjusting the Vue-Focus?

Thanks.
alecj

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the matter with yours?
pcrow

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily nothing is the matter with it, in fact it works like a charm, but it's set up now for the 127 Ektar and I want to put my 135 Sironar N on it and be able to use the rangefinder. As is it's way off with the 135. I think I'll reset the infinity stops for the 135 then experiment with what I think is the focal length adjustment. Unlike the Kalart, the Vue-Focus simply has three holes for the screw that holds the brass slider in place. Right now, set up for the 127, it's in the middle hole (I'm hoping the holes are for 90, 127 and 135, but this is just a guess).
alecj

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-05-22 09:08, pcrow wrote:
Luckily nothing is the matter with it, in fact it works like a charm, but it's set up now for the 127 Ektar and I want to put my 135 Sironar N on it and be able to use the rangefinder. As is it's way off with the 135. I think I'll reset the infinity stops for the 135 then experiment with what I think is the focal length adjustment. Unlike the Kalart, the Vue-Focus simply has three holes for the screw that holds the brass slider in place. Right now, set up for the 127, it's in the middle hole (I'm hoping the holes are for 90, 127 and 135, but this is just a guess).

OK, I've got to admit it. I have no idea what a "Vue-Focus" is! I thought my question would elicit a descriptive response.

What kind of Graflex do you have? Are you talking about the optical viewfinder for a Graphic camera? If so, the change for focal length is accomplished by changing the slide-in masks at the front of the finder.

Please give more details. What is a "brass slider"? And, where are those holes?

Inquiring minds [at least one - mine] wants to know.
pcrow

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vue-Focus was a rangefinder that, along with the Kalart, Hugo Meyer and Graflex, were supplied on many 1950s-60s era press cameras. Like the Kalart (and unlike the Graflex on the later Speeds, Crowns and Supers) the Vue-Focus is adjustable and does not use cams. Masks are another matter all together, and I think I'm safe keeping the 127 mask for use with the 135.
alecj

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Learned something new today.
Les

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to see a Vue Focus on a Graphic, but they can be found on B&J Watsons.
alecj

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this IS a Watson. I note he hasn't yet said what camera this is mounted on.

Anyone got a pic of one?
alecj

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a source for the instruction manual for the Vue Focus

http://www.craigcamera.com/ib_index.htm

Look under Miscellaneous V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: