Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with 23 Graphic roll holder?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madball22

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just developed my first four rolls of plus-x. On all of the rolls the first four to five frames are clear. Also some of the images are overlaped at the edges.Am I loading the film wrong? The way I've done it so far is to start with the counter on s and keep advancing until I hit 1.
jdman

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to accessories then near the bottom on page 1 there are instructions on loading roll film holders. It will say 23 graphic roll film holders, but all Graflex holders load the same. After going through this procedure, and you still have problems then the film holder is defective. Russ
Henry

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you line up the arrows, i.e., the arrow on the film backing paper with the little white arrow on the roll holder, *then* advance the counter to S and start winding on to no. 1?
It took me a few rolls to get a "feel" for the workings of the roll holder. Even at its best, the Graphic RH is an unpredictable beast, as others on this site will attest.

[ This Message was edited by: Henry on 2003-05-18 04:29 ]
clnfrd

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "23" roll film holder should take 8 evenly-spaced shots, of course. Does your insert's counter go to 8? An RH 10 insert in a 23 frame would cause overlapping. If all appears normal in this regard, I would waste a roll. Load the insert...leave it out of the holder...and advance the roll through to see what is happening. Use a marking pen to mark where each frame stops to see if each advancement is correct. The first 4 or 5 frames being clear indicates the film is being advanced way too far before making the first exposure, or you're forgetting to pull the dark slide which I doubt. Fred.
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I adjusted a Mamiya RB back, I just used the paper backing rewound on the roll, darkslide removed, and marked the edges of frame, and unrolled and evaluated the results.
I suggest removing the covers, cleaning the gear train with solvent, and relubing with luberplate or white lithium grease and retrying before attempting any adjustment.
Charles

clnfrd

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES...using the paper backing from a roll (if it hasn't been discarded) rewound on the spool for test purposes is much better than wasting a roll of film as I suggested. Thanks, Charles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: