Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x5 Anniversary questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdman

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any Anniversary Speed Graphics have a rear flash connector. I have 2 and neither have this feature. In fact there are no strips on the shutter. Also another question,I thought the Anniversary's had the rear open finder mounted on the top of the body. One of mine does the other one does not, nor are there any screw holes where one was at one time. Russ
Les

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken as a group, the 4x5 Anny did not have rear synchronization, in fact until the Super D Graflex came out I can't think of any 4x5 Graphic of the 40s that had an FP sync. Only the MIni speed.

The early Annys had a flip up rear peep sight, mounted to the body, not the back,usually bright plated (but not polished) and similar to the Mini speed finder. Not too long after introduction, they switched to a one piece swing up peep sight that was mounted to the back with a single screw and had bakelite trim and sat in a position where a rear sync would have been.

Back to the rear sync.... Notice I said, "Taken as a group" According to Tim Holden, Graflex would make a rear sync for the Anny at the customer's request. Sort of an unadvertised, uncataloged option. One of these exists in the George Eastman House Museum.

jdman

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Les
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: