Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

swaping enlarger condensers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manray43

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont know if im in the rite forum for this, but here goes...i have a beseler 45m enlarger (older model, no filter drawer). it has severly chipped edges on the condenser lenses. i also have a de jur versatile professional 4x5 enlarger...perfect glass. both sets of condensers are the same diameter and look like the same curvature, altho theres a slite diference in thicknes. i was wondering if anyone has any experience in makeing a swap like this...one condenser for the other, and if so what were the problems if any. thanks in advance, ray
Les

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the condensors create colimated light--the first lens takes the radial light coming from the bulb and tries to focus it in one point, the next condensor, being of the same focus, negates the focusing effect of the first.

I would think that as long as you replaced both lenses, and didn't have any mechanical/physical problems it would work.

manray43

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

les,
thanks for your reply...i made the swap, and everything looks ok...wont know for shure though till i run off some prints.
ray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: