Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yet another strange question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vic valis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and i will probably find out the answer myself shortly, but figured I'd put it out there for anyone who might have any thoughts and can put my mind at ease a little earlier. Doing a complete restoration of an anniversary Speed Graphic. At this point I have applied new leather to it, although have not embossed any lines in it yet (and it looks really good, so I hope I don't end up having to pull it off again and starting over). The leather is thicker than the original (about 1 oz. in thickness, don't know how much thicker that is). My fear is that once the external hardware is reattached, the added thickness of the leather will not allow the gears to engage with the rollers completely. My question is: does anyone know how much play there is between the rollers and gears? I could probably figure this out when I get home from work (where I'm writing this) and check the actual hardware and consult my manuals, but that's easily a few hours from now. So if anyone reads this on Saturday 3/15/04 before 3 - p pm West Coast time,let me know. Otherwise don't sweat it... I'll post my own answer later.

jeff

It said "good-bye."
vic valis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the answer is... looks like they will engage, there appears to be enough play based on just ftting things together without screwing them in. Only time will tell, though this camera will be used almost exclusively with an Optar lens and Graphex lens, so wear and potential sli[ppage should be minimal. Huzzah!

jeff

It said "good-bye."
alecj

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we could help. Sometimes, the best thing we can do is sit mute! But, we were rooting for you.

[ This Message was edited by: alecj on 2003-03-15 18:16 ]
vic valis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the saying goes: "those who know don't say, those who say don't know."

jeff

It said "good-bye."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: