Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Service maunal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airwreck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently Bought a crown.. need to know where I might be able to find a service manual... The cable release is stuck and I dont want to go insdie untill I have a guide if possible
alecj

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a guy who offers all of the Graflex manual parts on eBay. Look in photo large format. I got a flash manual there.
Airwreck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the lead... and I should have guessed that somebody would be pimping this stuff for money... GRIN.. but I was looking for PDF's cuz I need it now and don't live in the US.
got any ideas???
Les

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had about three Crowns in my life (not counting the ones from the dentist) and none of them had a body cable release that was dependable.

that said, there isn't a whole lot to it. Infact it's not much more than a throttle on a lawn mower.If you pull the bellows out and give them full rise, you can see the release button that when pushed back causes another lever inside the body (and visible) to rotate pulling a bowden cable, the cable snakes through to the the front standard to a finger that supposed to trip the shutter. Usually this finger gets bound up becuase its too long and the leverage of the shutter causes it to bind up.

The three screws around the body release button will allow you into the the 'innards' of the system without effecting the rangefinder, the shutter, or the time/space continuum.
Airwreck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I didn't plan on depending on the shutter relase. I just like to have all things working..
and I understand all that you have said except that I cant find the three screws around the body release button... and that is excatly where I need to get.. cuz the connection between the metal body push button and the lever in the body have come disconnected or broke.. which I hope not..I just wish I could see an exploded view...
Thanks
Airwreck
lober

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can purchase and download manuals and service manuals at http://www.manualsrus.com/
They will also ship on a CD if desired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: