Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anybody on the board own a Model FP Speed Graphic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Les

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing some more of my indepth research and was wondering if anybody had an FP so I could grill them with inane questions.

You're right I was never very good a PR, always took the honest approach.
jpmose

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les,

A Speed Graphic Model FP just appeared on that famous auction site we all know and love!

JP
extraparts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember if mine is an FP or not, and it is not at the top of the pile right now. However, I did find this reference from a 1960 Graflex price information sheet listing the then new "Pacemaker 45 Speed Graphic Model 1000" which most of us would now call a "super speed"

I quote: "This camera does not have a focal plane shutter. The Speed Graphic cameras with focal plane shutter as hereafter supplied will be identified in the future as "Speed Graphic, Model FP"

This confirms my understanding that the 1960 foward FP is just like a standard 1958 speed, except with a different name badge.
extraparts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't stand it, and had to look. It was on the very bottom of the pile. It is an "FP". But other than the one name plate on the front standard, I think it is just a normal top rangefinder Speed.
extraparts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think first...Type second...Think first...type second. The Speed Graphic Model 1000 was not a super speed, it was a Crown with the 1/1000 second leaf shutter.
Les

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPmose:
I had the camera on iBuy in my sight buy a change in their practices (they no longer accept email as a user id when bidding) kept me from getting it. sooo....

Extraparts......we need to talk. you can email me at LNPhoto@twmi.rr.com

extraparts wrote:
"This confirms my understanding that the 1960 foward FP is just like a standard 1958 speed, except with a "

I agree to a point. I've got a '67 catalog that shows the 1000 speed shutter still available, but they had gone back to "Speed Graphic/Crown Graphic" terminology and dropped the idea of a seperate model for a Crown with the 1000 shutter.

So now we know it started in '60 and ended sometime after '64 (when the ebay camera was made) but before '67. That's news in and of itself.

[ This Message was edited by: Les on 2003-06-19 19:17 ]
jpmose

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les,

Another Model FP is on -bay! Take a look.

JP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: