Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What other lensboards?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
astia67

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all of you very experienced Graphic View users out there . . .

What other lensboards will fit on the 'View besides those original graphic? Anything 4x4, other brands, or? I'm having a hard time finding additional boards.

Thanks all!

Nick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make your own. It's easy out of wood. Certainly much cheaper. Miminal tools needed.
Nick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly the boards for the view camera will fit the Calumet cameras but the opposite isn't true.
Rangemaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick yourself up an adapter board then you will be able to use the speed graphic boards on your view camera, they show up on ebay quite often, I just sold the one I have. Other than that any 4 X 4 board if it is the correct thickness will work just fine.

Dave Parker

PS does anybody know what the correct size hole is for the 203 ektar in a supermatic shutter is?
astia67

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, I was trying to avoid making my own as well as paying some of the current prices . . . looks like my carpentry skills will come in handy.

Dave Parker asked about the Supermatic hole size for a 203 Ektar? I checked mine, and find hole is 1 17/32, or 39mm. If someone wants to correct that, fine with me!

Thanks again

Will
Nick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I was in Home Depot they had some 4" wide boards for less then $10 Canadian. I want to say about $5 but I honestly don't remember the exact price. All you'd need to do is cut them to lenght. Width is already right. Rabate the top and bottom. Which depending on the hardness of the wood can be done very easily. I do mine out of pine with a chisel and nothing else. Then drill the hole. The boards were something like 3feet long so that 9 lensboards.
crvogt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might check out your Local Hobby Shop for some Modelers Aircraft Plywood. It has a good finish 2 sides and is multi-ply, the 1/8 will work good for making lense boards,Plywood tends to stay flat. Paint the inside flat black, outside grey.
I have made lense boards for several of my older cameras. Some times I used thin Mahogany as vineer (also at hobby Shop), glued to the plywood to replace lost lense boards on older wooden view cameras.

Carl@carlvogt.com
http://www.carlvogt.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: