Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex Full Synchromatic Solenoid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
williammontalvo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Can anyone tell me the excitation voltage for a shutter solenoid on a pacemaker with a Graflex full synchromatic. Is it 3 or 4.5 volts (2 or 3 D cells)? The reason I ask is because the Super Speed Graphic uses that capacitor which delivers high voltage to the solenoid. I hope that is not required on the pacemaker. Also, is there a special comnnector for the bottom of this solenoid and would you know of a source for a wiring diagram?
Regards,
Bill
Les

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the solenoid it self. It should say Gralfex 2 or Graflex 3. The number corresponds to the number of cells it needs. No capacitor is used on a pacemaker.

since a solenoid is nothing more than a coil of wire all you need is a solenoid to household cord to plug into the bottom. Paramount cords might be able to make one for you. Polarity doesn't matter. What matters is that you hook it up in series with the open flash button. (If you have a Graflite, use the port labeled "solenoid", If you have a Graflex flash, use the center household port in front. the side ports in front will work too, but you need that weird plug.)
clnfrd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Les...I have a Graflex solenoid I was going to use with a non-synced Graphex Shutter one of these days...but it has Graflex # 0 stamped on it. I know 3 volts will pull it in...but what's with the # 0? Thanks. Fred.
williammontalvo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help; again. I hope I can do the same for you people sometime. I have not been at this very long. I used 35mm for years and one day I realized that I was not learning a thing by using cameras which do everything for you. In addition, I saw the quality of product from a 4 X 5 film. 35mm can't come close to that.
Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: