Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whither reflectors?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Astrobeej

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy all.

I'm new on this forum, just as I'm new to the graflex world. I've aquired a battered old Anniversary Speed Graphic and am slowly trying to nurse it back to health. I've managed to land a 2 cell graflite, but I'll be damned if I can locate a #2747 7" reflector for it. I would think that with all the Lucas-heads out there tearing up flashes, there would be a big surplus of reflectors laying around, but I'm not finding them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Beej
Les

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Lucasites aren't that interested in the Graflite, even though I've been told that it does have a cameo as something in a ship or sled. The best place is ebay. create a search and keep checking.

The second option is to go to the home page of this site and clik on the retailers link, and see if mpex.com or the other might have one.

Now if you want to use the flash, I suggest you get the 5" reflector. Household based flash bulbs are over a buck a piece while the bayonet based bulbs are half that. If you get an adapter to the M2 based bulbs, these are about 3.50 a dozen.
vic valis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be mentioned here also that although each of the bulbs listed above are smaller and smaller, they all still pack quite a punch. Nearly blinded myself with one of those M2 bulbs and I wasn't even looking right at it when I set it off by accident. Like staring at a solar flare. One of these days I'll be auctioning off a whole ship-load of adapters I have, and plan to be selling at least one set of screwbase-to-press 25, and 25-to-M2. Se keep an ear to the ground. They're out there.

jeff

It said "good-bye."
Astrobeej

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally landed a #22747 on eBay. Thanks for the input!

Beej
Baker

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-04-27 17:51, vic valis wrote:
It should be mentioned here also that although each of the bulbs listed above are smaller and smaller, they all still pack quite a punch. Nearly blinded myself with one of those M2 bulbs and I wasn't even looking right at it when I set it off by accident. Like staring at a solar flare. One of these days I'll be auctioning off a whole ship-load of adapters I have, and plan to be selling at least one set of screwbase-to-press 25, and 25-to-M2. Se keep an ear to the ground. They're out there.

jeff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: