Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is it??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnGalt48

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty new at this Graflex stuff, so please bear with me. I have a Crown Graphic 2x3 that had just the "23" roll back on it when I got it. I finally found a focusing screen for it on eBay and bought it so I could check my rangefinder mostly. I got something else with it that I can't identify. It looks like it goes on the back of the camera somehow, it's rectangular and has four locating pins on one side and four matching holes on the other side. Some kind of range extender of some sort? It has no numbers on it,other than "1.5" in fairly large print. Aside from those numbers, all it has is "Graflex" and "General Precision" printed on it in red letters....any ideas what this thing is for?
Thanks
JG
alecj

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a 1 1/2" spacer for a Graflex XL camera. They used that kind of connection - the four posts fitting into matching holes which had sliding clamps.

It was used for close up photography with that camera. Like extending your bellows - the XL had focusing rings - no bellows. The Front couldn't go out, so they provided for the back to go backward.

No use for your camera, however.

[ This Message was edited by: alecj on 2002-11-24 12:27 ]
darrylb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't need that spacer, I could use it. I need the frame part which has the four pins for a camera modification project.

Darryl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: