Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with scratch on Polaroid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crawdad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2001 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I take polaroids, I've noticed that I'm getting a scratch right across the middle of the film from L to R. It is a very fine scratch line. I have the 545 holder (sherman tank model) and I've taken it apart twice now to clean and inspect and still can't find the problem. Since it is just a polaroid, it's not a major problem, but it annoys the heck out of me just the same.
Has anyone experienced this problem that may be able to steer me to a solution.

Les

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the line is broken/dotten or not continuous, then I'd suspect somethin on the rollers. If it truly is a scratch, Then I'd look around the roller area for something the film could rub against, maybe a burr on the metal catch that keeps the darkslide from coming all the way out? maybe around the door area?
crawdad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les, is the metal catch your talking about the one that lays across the holder that is sort of pointed on one end and flat on the other. If so, this was the first thing I looked at. I checked the rollers and the rubber squeegy like thing as well, but couldn't find anything. I'm baffeled! Can you think of anything else? Thanks

crawdad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Envelope Latch! That's was I was trying to say. S.K. Grimes has a good schematic on his site just in case anyone is interested.

JoePhoto

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with the holder on a Polaroid 600SE camera. It seems that excess developer would build up and adhere to the slot that the film passes through after it goes through the rollers and might not be noticed. Once it hardens it causes a slight impression and affects the coating in that part of the film causing a streak. If you hold the finished print by the slot the way it passed through the rollers you may find you may find a little dudball stuck there. It might also be intermittant if you occasionally don't pull straight up or out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: