Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

graphic view camera

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the57man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been reading through some of these messages and I think I need a roll film adapter for my camera. Just got it yesterday. It has a 4x5 spring loaded back on it now but I dont know how to use it. Can anyone help? Dave
shawnkielty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave --

If you got a bunch of polaroid pack film (the 669) -- the question I wonder -- is did you also get a pack holder for same polaroid film (that fits your camera of course).

Here are some pix of my spring backs -- http://shawnkielty.com/Graflex/GraflexBacks.html
If these are too furry -- let me know I'll try to get another polaroid taken.

The first shot shows the sheet film holder being loaded under the gg (ground glass). With the second all the way in place -- It needs to be flat against the back of the camera -- to get the "rib" of the holder into the "groove" in the camera frame.

One type of roll film holder will also go under the gg. This is shown on my page at the bottom -- mine is obsolete -- as is the 620 film it once carried. Another type is designed for a graflok back -- which it seems we don't have. I have modified one of these for 120 film (6x9cm) to use on my camera by buying another spring back, removing the gg, and sticking it on with some tabs. -- So when I want to shoot it -- I change the entire back.

Also shown is a poloroid back (mine holds sheet film -- not pack film) -- which is a great way to get started because you'll get to see the results immediately. And you can use it to verify the results before you shoot slide or neg film. Ultimately polaroid film is cheaper than sheet film.

The best way to shoot your camera (IMHO) is with standard 4x5 sheet film holders. New they are $30 each or so -- and used -- $10-20 should buy 5 each. There are varying opinions about this -- and many might choose a readyload holder. and film. Readyload film is a type of film and holder that work more like a poloroid sheet film -- Both of these are available as transpency/negative or black and white films.

The roll film holder (hopefully) is one that slides under the gg on your camera?

If I can help further -- feel free to contact me directly -- The large format forum on photo.net is also a good place for info.

Shawn

Shawn
danimal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
how's your project coming? If you want to use a roll back all the time you could remove the spring back and permanently mount the roll film holder. You'd have to rely on the rangefinder and you'd probably have to tweak the rangefinder calibration, but it could be done.
Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: