Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflok back on a View I ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does a Graflok back attach to the camera? Is there any chance I could just remove the spring back off my View I and replace it with a Graflok? If so will only those for a View fit or would any other one fit?

thanks
Les

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Graphic,Graflok, and reducing backs are interchangable by removing one back by lifting up on the springs at the top and releasing the pins attached to the back.

I've seen people build a Graflok back by mating a Graflok back from a Speed or Crown to a piece of wood and using nails for pins, but it's not a pretty sight.

Officially there weren't Grafloks available for the GVI, but any back from a GVII will fit, the only difference is the paint finish and it's slight.

RichS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-07-22 06:38, Les wrote:

I've seen people build a Graflok back by mating a Graflok back from a Speed or Crown to a piece of wood and using nails for pins, but it's not a pretty sight.

Sounds like my kind of back!
But gee, you could make it pretty couldn't you?
Just had to chime in because that's exactly what I'm going to do for my 8x10 since I can't find a reducing back to fit. No reason why it wouldn't work for the GVI either. But the actual Graflok backs for the Views generally don't cost any more than the backs for the Crowns & Speeds, so not much would be gained. And it would set the focus back just a bit which might prevent the use of a 75mm or so wide angle? Although the Grafloks for the View are a bit harder to find...

Nick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking of getting a rollfilm holder for the view. I was thinking of just getting the holder and building a wooden back around it. Just proves everything been thought of before-)))

So can I get a graflok back off a press camera?
RichS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, but I hope you don't destroy a good camera just for the back?
You could use any Graflok. The Graflex is a good one because of the way it screws onto a wooden plate or box. And to use on the View, you'd have to make a plate with the proper sized hole in the middle, dimensions and pins. Graflok backs are pretty easy to find for the Crown/Speeds and do show up on occasion for the View. I just hope we don't wind up bidding on the same one?

Nick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Na good ones are too expensive-))) To be honest some of the crappy ones lately have been going for idiotic prices. Ebay is being funny again. Some things are going for very little money [I bought a 135mm nikon enlarger lens for $30] but other things are going for more then new.
shawnkielty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick -- I have a 6x9 rollback on my GV I -- I bought an additional spring back, removed the GG and springs, and mounted a Graphic 23 roll fill holder on it -- I change the whole back in the field after focussing -- It's not pretty really -- but it works well. I made some small brackets to attach the graphic 23 to the spring back and used the original screw holes for the springs.

Shawn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: