Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

funyy flash adapter cord?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeffwpc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend with several NOS cords in boxes labeled "HONETWELL SHUTTER CORD" and "standard to Graflex solenoid." The coiled cable is about 8 inches long and has two pins at one end and two blades (household) at the other. I assume this fits some Graflex camera and connects to flash units using the household style plug. Is this something he should trash or maybe try and sell? What did they originally fit?

JeffW.
Les

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original (pre '45ish) shutters had no way to synchronize the flash bulb with the front shutter. In 1940 Graflex made a solenioid that attached to the front shutter. Graflex had holes in the solenoid for the contacts and the pins on the wire.

Heiland, a competitor (and predicessor to Honeywell) had shorter fatter posts on their solenoid and a femail socket on their cords.

So to answer your question: It will fit any Heiland, Graflex (the first model) or Graflite (the aluminum model) flash and will connect to any Graflex solenoid.

Is it worth anything? well... if the rubber is still lively and you don't see any shiny oil beads on the surface, it should be workable. Nearly anything will sell on ebay.
Jeffwpc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe he will try and sell them on e**y. They are in the box and like new alnong with a bunch of long male/female hosehold extensions and adapters for other cameras as well.

Thanks for the help.

JeffW.
alecj

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, check your private messages.
rsdean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed one of those last fall--I've since had a replacement rigged using the Heiland spcific end wired onto a standard household cord. There must be someone else that could use one--if for no other reason than that the solenoid is handy for tripping the shutter when using the camera handheld.

Rob Dean

Jeffwpc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, as a result of my info request I have sold all of these cords. They are all one the way to loving homes where they will be used properly.

JeffW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: