Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battery leakage in 3-cell battery pack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
essessem

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I cleaned it up pretty well but the cardboard tubey bit done tore up and I can't get D cells past it. Am I screwed, or can I just tear out cardboard and jerry-rig a new piece?

Bonus question: what's the little metal-tube bulb holder on bakelite (?) base that holds a small light bulb?
Les

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which battery case are you working with? The aluminum Graflite or the chrome Graflex (aka starr wahrs)

Les

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which battery case are you working with? The aluminum Graflite or the chrome Graflex (aka starr wahrs)

essessem

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the aluminum graflite tube.

And I'd still like to know what the little light on bakelite base is.

[ This Message was edited by: essessem on 2003-05-20 14:31 ]
Les

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure which little bulb on a bakelite base you are asking about. Here are three guesses..

1. The light bulb on the stainless steel Graflex flash......answer: It's nothing more than a flash light to illuminate the subject so you can focus.

2. A focospot on a Kalart rangefinder. This sits on top of said finder. The finder projects the image of the filliment onto the subject. When the double image coincides, your in focus.

3. A seperate small bulb sometimes found in the bottom of a camera case or gadget bag. Answer: It's probably a test bulb, some have an edison base, others are set in a bayonet base
alecj

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

essessem, your response isn't very helpful - repeating the same phrase doesn't get us anywhere. So, let's try this: is that lightbulb poking out through a hole [covered by a lens] on the front of your case?

We have to know WHAT case you're talking about before we can answer your question.

With regards to the cardboard, clean all the mess out, make up a mixture of baking soda and water and neutralize what gunk is still in there, then dry it out. You can replace the cardboard with another tube, or just a piece of rolled cardboard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: