Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ser. Nos. Graflok Graphic View II's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hwbookout

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After what serial number were Graphic View II's (about 1955) supplied solely with Graflok backs? Thanks.
Henry

PS: Hi, Bert!
I see what you mean. When I asked this question I had in mind Gerald Pierce's statement made on this Help Board, "At first, the Graphic View II was available with the same array of Graflex and Graphic backs and reducing backs. In the early 1950's, Graflex would make a Graflok back by special order. After 1955, the Graflok back was the only back available." I guess my question could be asked more simply, what was the serial number of Graphic View II's after 1955 (when any but the Graflok back ceased to be an option). Since Graflex, Graphic, and Graflok backs are so rarely explictly distinguished by the people who sell these cameras on eBay (and, like me, the buyer is not always sure what each looks like), I thought it would be useful to ask the seller to look on the left of the bottom of the back of the front standard for the serial number of the camera. If the back was original, after the 1955 threshold serial number, you'd know that the back was a Graflok. Henry

[ This Message was edited by: hwbookout on 2003-03-06 09:17 ]
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GVII was produced from 1949 thru 1967....
the Graflok back came out in 1949! May have been a few GVII's with spring backs, but it is doubtfull that the factory issued them that way, as one of the selling points for the >newest< view camera was, the Graflok back!
Bert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: