Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lens board sizes Crown Graphic & Speed Graphic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swaitjd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do these two cameras use the same lens boards? I am interested in buying a Speed Graphic body (for forward tilt movements) and use the same lenses I currently use on my Crown.

THanks for any help!

Joffre
vic valis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your lens boards will be interchangable assuming you use the same format and the Speed Graphic you get is a Pacemeker model. And I may even be wrong about the format part (I've only ever owned 4x5s). The Pacemaker Speed and Crown Graphics are the same, with the exception of the Crown's lack of focal plane shutter. Earlier models used wooden lens boards that would not be interchangable.

jeff

It said "good-bye."
jdman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute,the pacemaker crown, and pacmaker speed should have the same front end, and you will gain nothing in the speed that the crown does not have except a rear shutter. Or did I miss something. Russ
Les

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowns have the same forward tilt as Pacemaker Speeds, unless it's been modified.

swaitjd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, all, for the responses!

Les,
Thanks for the heads up there! So which body has forward tilt at the front end AND uses the same lens board as the Crown?

Joffre
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-02-27 06:22, swaitjd wrote:
Thanks, all, for the responses!

Les,
Thanks for the heads up there! So which body has forward tilt at the front end AND uses the same lens board as the Crown?

Joffre
PMFJI. Pacemaker Speed. Other models of the Speed Graphic, e.g., Anniversary, don't have forward tilt and use a different board.

The Crown is a Pacemaker Graphic, and differs from the Pacemaker Speed in having no focal plane shutter and, because of that, a thinner body.
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The super graphic/super speed graphic.

Les

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I mis-spoke. Pacemakers have only BACKWARD tilt unless it's been modified. You can effect FORWARD tilt by dropping the bed and not correcting completely, but the necessary rise to get the lens back to zero and the lens standard position maybe be problematic.

The Super Speed Graphic and The Super Graphic has both forward and backward tilt and takes the same lensboard----sort of.

Before the Supers came along Pacemaker boards had only 4 raised dots, two onthe top and two on the bottom. The Supers have the slide locks on the side, so when they were introduced they modified the board slightly by adding 4 more raised dots for the sides. These board will fit both the Pace and the Super. The earlier versions will fit the Super but may rattle a bit. A thin cardboard shim will bring it back to normal.

Sorry for the confusion.

les

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: