Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's baaaack! Inlaid Wood 4x5 Graflex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AWT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3005672632&category=15247

Anybody remember how much this thing went for the last time?
Les

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't meet reserve at $380. While ebay's search engine ignores old auctions after supposedly a couple of weeks (more like a few days) if you have the original number or URL the auction hangs around much longer.

I searched the helpboard data base and found it.
AWT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I tried searching the database, but was unsuccessful. Evidently I just didn't come up with the magic terms that would hit.

Anyway, so if it didn't sell with a $380 reserve; they expect someone'll grab it with a B-I-N of $450? Eh, we'll see....
Les

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I bid up a Top RF Crown to $265 with a BIN price of $300. I just didn't see it being worth that much.

He put it back up and it sold for $345.
I was working at Greenfield village when they had a silent auction of outdate office equipment, etc. After the auction was over there were a couple of 50s typewriters that nobody would bid a nickel for.
I ask what's going to happen. He said they put them back out with a set price. I thought he was nuts. They put them out at $30 each and they both sold in a day.

There is no logic in bidding.
kelseanzac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still pretty new to Graflex. I have been shooting since I got my first camera in January. It is a wonderful camera. I can't believe that I never shot one before now. We used view cameras in high school photography class.
One of the things that turned me on, before I purchase two Peacemaker Crowns, was looking at a couple of web sites where the case of a Crown had been covered in wood. I am a woodworker and would like to make a nice wood case, I especially like the inlay on the camera that is currently on ebay. The leather on the two Crowns that I have is fine so I can't really justify taking the leather off. At least not yet.
If any one that is part of this forum happens to live in the Washington Metro area, (I live in Silver Spring, Maryland)and wants to do such a project I would be happy to work on it with you.

Sean
Silver Spring, MD
Les

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While those with weak stomachs shouldn't look, here's what you'll find should you strip you Pacemaker

http://www.cameraquest.com/nude.htm
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-02-04 11:55, Les wrote:
While those with weak stomachs shouldn't look, here's what you'll find should you strip you Pacemaker

http://www.cameraquest.com/nude.htm
Looks like a 2x3.

Gandy's claim that it will focus a 65mm lens has to be taken with a grain or two of salt.

I have a 2x3 Pacemaker Speed, on it the 65/6.8 Raptar that I just sold will not make infinity. Not, never, no way, no how. However, my 65/8 Ilex Acuton (sort of an imitation Super Angulon, it is unbadged but Steve Grimes says its an Ilex) will make infinity on it. Am thinking of having the lens engraved "Super Fangulon." It is definitely sharper than a serpent's tooth.

Point is, some 65mm lenses are more equal than others.

Cheers,

Dan
Baker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-02-04 12:54, Dan Fromm wrote:
Gandy's claim that it will focus a 65mm lens has to be taken with a grain or two of salt.

I have a 2x3 Pacemaker Speed, on it the 65/6.8 Raptar that I just sold will not make infinity.

Yes, but that one's a Crown, which can take shorter lenses than the Speed because of the lack of the thickness of the focal-plane shutter.
Les

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the shutter plate, shown in all its nakedness proves it's deffinately a Speed. Looking at my Speed and his all the holes and side releases line up so I think it really is a 4x5.
Baker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-02-04 18:39, Les wrote:
Actually the shutter plate, shown in all its nakedness proves it's deffinately a Speed.

D'oh! I got it and the inlaid-wood one mixed up. The one on ebay is a Crown. But yes, it's definitely a 4x5 -- the raised area around the shutter sync plug is square on top, but on the 3x4 and 2x3 the top edge of it is below the plug, and there's a bump in the top edge that goes around the plug. (look at pictures of 'em side-by-side, and all that will actually make sense, I promise)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: