Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Margaret Bourke-White
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supermouse1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a copy of a book called " The Photographs of Margaret Bourke-White" Bonanza Books NY. In the bio section they show her shooting the construction of the Chrysler Building in 29 with what looks like a Graflex, and with a picture of her and her husband Erskine Caldwell in Moscow during the war with what looks like a speed to me. However I am sure that there are people in this group that could spot what camera it is. I don't have a full knowledge of the complete line. This looks like the press camera that someone talked about having two view finders on top, and the side mount rangefinder. i live close enought to Fred Lustig to see what he thinks about it when I pick up my lens from him next month if anyone is interested. On another note of famous lady photographers that used graflex/graphic. Tina Modotti used one in the biography that I resently read about her when she was in Mexico. She had to get rid of it when she went to Germany in the 30's as she couldn't get film for it there.

Craig
Graflex Sid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Supermouse1..the more the merrier,as I mentioned before Margaret never seemed to stick to ONE camera.
Her loyalties did move around a little from one camera to the next.
But hopeful at the end of the day,the GRAPHIC should come out the winner...
..all very interesting don't you think?
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2917983061&category=15247

just came across it and it's new, for those who are interested and didn't/haven't seen it.
Charles

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2003-03-16 21:40 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: