Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam War Photographer:LARRY BURROWS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graflex Sid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose while mentioning the greats of 20th century photojournalist,we must not leave out LIFE magazines own-LARRY BURROWS (1926-1971)born in England,and started work in the photo lab of LIFE's London Bureau.
One of the greatest photographers of the horrors of war,that of Vietnam,he was killed in the field of battle along with several other photographers.
Why I mention this because he also used a SPEED GRAPHIC along with his 35mm cameras..
I think the old S.G.should have a memorial of it's own for the service it provided for posterity.Without this camera you would NOT have had all the great photographs now laying in museums throughout the American states.I think it should have the American flag raised & lower daily over its demise and great loss.
Anyhow,just a though for the day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: