Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Info about Heiland flashes, solenoids...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vic valis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While doing a search for "war photographers" or something like this, I came across a site dedicated to combat correspondents through the ages (an association, I think) and found a variety of cameras in the images, both blackened and ones that looked straight off the shelf. All the flashes I saw in the pictures were chromed, but none of them close up enough for me to tell the manufacturer. Having seen that, I decided whatever I end up with will be close enough to authentic to pass muster. Have an idea of going to reenactors events at some point, dodn't want to be walking around in blatantly wrong equipment. Thankds.

jeff

It said "good-bye."
Les

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked out the WARCOS site, and, well lets just say he needs to spend some time on our site to get things right. The Anniversary is correct but is flash is from the 50s (Graflite) and his 'WWI" camera is a Pre-Ann from '39.

vic valis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe I have seen a few pre-anns in wwii photos, but obviously not a Graflite. Probably looks good enough to the layperson (and one I've seen that had been polished up to a gleam looked great at first glance) but in reading some of the strict requirements a few re-enactor events have posted, it wouldn't surprise me if I stepped up to the registration desk and somebody pulled out a reference book and told me "this sync cord was not made intil 1949! Off with his head!"

jeff

It said "good-bye."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: