Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top RF cam compilation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I haven't seen anyone yet do anything about it, that I know of? But my 'new' Speed happened to turn out to be a TRF model and now I have a personal interest...
Has anyone compiled dimensional pics of the different cams? I've seen articles (on this site) and posts on how to make them, but nowhere to get the proper dimensions.
If it hasn't been done yet, then how about all the folks with cams, and maybe scanners, make a copy of the cam and send them to a central person to compile them into a reproducable format so others could make their own? If one was place onto a scanner, perhaps with a small flat ruler next to it, scanned into a graphic and e-mailed, the job would be pretty easy. If noone else wants to takle the compilation, I'd be more than happy to, especially since now I would like to have some addition cams myself...
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich....I responded to this question, and did not get any feedback at all! I do have many photos, and even attempted to detail some of them at one point in time.....but the dimensions are really questionable when taken off of photos....even when an original is copied on a scanner it is distorted a bit????? Happy to share what I have with you anyway!!! Bert
RichS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'd be happy to see them I don't even have the new camera yet so I can't speak from hands-on experience, but if they all have to fit in the same plcae, there must be common dimensions. And that would help in dimensioning one from a photo. Or I'm guessing anyway? It would be nice if someone attempted this though, even if it's me
RichS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, got my 'new' Speed today and have one comment:
Waddaya people crazy? I thought these cams were much bigger and easier to change? I suppose it's still easier than re-adjusting the old Kalart on the SRF models, but I doubt I would go through the work for just a shot or two. Seems simpler to put some tape on the side rails and make focusing charts for each lens, since the originals are so hard to find also...
A compililation still seems like a good idea though...
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-12-13 19:59, RichS wrote:
Okay, got my 'new' Speed today and have one comment:
Waddaya people crazy? I thought these cams were much bigger and easier to change? I suppose it's still easier than re-adjusting the old Kalart on the SRF models, but I doubt I would go through the work for just a shot or two. Seems simpler to put some tape on the side rails and make focusing charts for each lens, since the originals are so hard to find also...
A compililation still seems like a good idea though...

Um, Rich, you weren't expecting all modern conveniences, were you?
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to contact me via email, havent sucessfully put photos on this format!
bsaunders1@bak.rr.com
Bert
RichS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-mail sent. Just took me a while to get to it after 5 hours of plowing snow, which left my brain a bit fuzzy and the body very sore...
RichS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an update...

Bert has been extremely helpful in cam information and pics/scans. It looks to me, so far, that a compilation of cam pics would be very useful and producing a new cam from a dimensioned pic shouldn't be all that difficult (instructions are right on this very web site!).

So I have a request...

There are many TRF Speed & Crown owners out there and some with extra cams no less. Do us all a favor an scan these cams into a computer pic (jpg, bmp, or anything easy). Then send it to me at rich@southbristolviews.com
Please include the cam number with the pic!
Please do NOT try this is you've never removed your cam or removing bothers you in any way! I'd hate to be responsible for a broken Graphic or lost cam...
To prevent unnecessary duplication, you could ask first if we have your cam scanned...
And if you can't possibly find a way to scan it, a simply photo copy would also do nicely!

Thanks to any who would help this project, which will be freely shared with all...

Rich...
alecj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The purpose of all this being ......?????
RichS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-12-18 06:07, alecj wrote:
The purpose of all this being ......?????

As stated, to compile a dimensioned catalog of cams in order to make duplication possible...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: