Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dating Crown Graphic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I just bought a Crown Graphic and would like some help dating it. It has a Kodak 127mm lens with Supermatic shutter that I gather is from 1947, based on its serial number (ES 5036), but I don't know if it's original. The serial number on the camera (on a metal plate on the bed) is 432244. Any thoughts?

Also, I was told by the ebay seller that it has a Graflok back, but it sure doesn't look like one. Rather, it looks like the spring-type Graphic back. I'd eventually like to get a Polaroid film holder and a roll film holder for it if possible; I'm new to this game and not sure what types will fit under a Graphic back. Can anyone give me some specific suggestions?

Thanks very much for maintaining this site; it's been an enormous help.

Liana
Les

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's probably an original lens as your camera was made in the same year.

The following backs will fit under a spring back: Polaroid 545 or 545i (is there an even newer version now?)

Standard graphic film holders (or modern Riteways, Liscos, and Fidelity film holders)

Grafmatic backs (this allow 6 sheets of film to be packed into the same space as 2 holders.

Calumet C2 and C2n roll film holders: These allow the use of 120 and 220 film and shoots either 6x7 or 6x9 depending onthe model. These slip in and out like a Polaroid back so you can keep the ground glass.

What won't fit:

Grafic type roll holders
Model 405 Polaroid 'pack film' holder

I'd look over our site and talk to the seller. Spring back cameras are less valuable than Graflok back. I'd try to negotiate a $30-50 refund.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: