Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top Rfdr cam for Pacemaker Crown 45

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clearfield

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help! In trying to replace the perfectly functioning 135 cam on my rangefinder with a 90, I screwed up, and can't get either cam to seat properly! Any advice greatly appreciated!!!
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open bed to normal shooting position.
Fold infinity stops out of the way and extend front standard to near end of rails.
Turn camera so that top is toward you and you can see between top and bellows.
Position cam so that tapered side is up, short side to right, tall side to left ( hole to top left,bumps toward lens standard).
Hold open cam cover door, locate slot in cam tube.
Lift follower arm up, locate gap between spring and spacers, push spacers left with edge of cam if necessary .
Now that there is sufficent gap for the cam, insert right edge first (short end) and push to right then seat rest of cam into slot.
Allow follower arm to rest on top of cam.
Extend and return rails the normal focus distance only, to verify proper tracking.
NOTE: Cams will "pop out" of position if the rails are extended beyond the clostest focusing distance of the cam requiring it to be reinstalled before the rails will retract fully.
Charles

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2002-09-04 13:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2002-09-04 18:53 ]
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if that doesnt work....I have the brochure instructions (with photos) of the installation proceedure! Bert
Clearfield

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is--the rangefinder follower arm, and the parallax adjustment arm along with it, keep getting in the way of the cam; if I insert it with my right hand, the cam ends up jamming the follower arm, (yes, I'm trying to hold it back with my left hand, but it doesn't move very far.) If I try to insert the cam with my left hand, I never even get it seated properly. In any case, I can't see through my fingers, which are actually fairly slender, as a man's hand goes. And this was supposed to be user-interchangeable???? What fiend designed this thing???????
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I forgot, run the rails out until the follower plunger is or would be fully out. This will widen the slot. Once in return the rails to just touching the plunger as the spring will push the cam out from under its follower arm if the rails are out too far.
They're easy once you get the hang of it, just pratice.

bertsaunders

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best solution--the original instructions
email me at
bsaunders1@bak.rr.com
Bert
Clearfield

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bert,

That did it!~ Thanks a million!!! The key problem I was having was that the open slot was under the cam follower, and therefore I couldn't get to it. The fix, as the materials you sent me, told me is to extend the focusing rails an inch beyond the camera, and to tap it gently on the handle side to make sure that there is an open stretch of slot into which to insert the cam. Then, it's a piece of cake! Thank you all who sent in advice, and especially you, Bert. Good picture-taking, all!
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone keeps saying...a picture is worth a thousand words...and this was the proof. Glad the brochure worked for you! Bert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: