Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crown Graphic 4x5 Latch is missing from the door

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KPrice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How difficult and expensive would it be to have the latch replaced on a Crown Graphic 4X5. The guy I bought it from says he forgot to mention that there was no latch for the door but it should'nt matter. Besides being difficult to carry, ability to damage the camera can someone give me an idea about the replacement and repair and where and who could fix it. I may send back to the seller. I think he should have mentioned this detail.
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might contact Fred Lustig, he may have this part---No idea of cost,....is your Crown a Pacemaker, or an earlier model? Usually purchase parts cameras for this type part, but even the parts cameras are getting expensive! Bert
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Bed Latch" as it is refered to in the IPB should be easy to fabricate from sample or tech drawing. Is the chrome strip on the front lip of the bed there? How many other things are missing?

KPrice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-09-01 22:43, 45PSS wrote:
The "Bed Latch" as it is refered to in the IPB should be easy to fabricate from sample or tech drawing. Is the chrome strip on the front lip of the bed there? How many other things are missing?

If I can go by the lens number ES 7982 this is a 1947 Pacemaker Crown Graphic. The chrome strip is still on the front lip of the bed. The latch is gone and it looks like a brace (not the bed brace) but one of the horizontal ones is gone on the opposite side of the side rangefinder. I don't know enough to be sure what else may be wrong. Where could I contact Fred about repair?
Also
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred's address/phone number is listed in the "related sites" section on the "home" page of this site.
If you have Adobe reader installed on your machine, then click on this link, let it load, and scroll thru the IPB section and determine what is missing and weather its worth the trouble.
http://graflex.org/manuals/45-Pacemaker-Speed-and-Crown-Graphic.pdf
This ending soon auction might have the parts you need. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1376551925.
If the bed is solid and does not shift but stays square and parallel to the body then put a small piece of velcro on the top of the camera and on the bed in closed position in line with it and use a small piece of the other half of the velcro system to hold it closed. Simple, inexpensive, easy to obtain, and allows use of the camera until one decides weather to invest more money into it or not.
Charles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: