Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

35mm Apo Grandagon on Crown graphic 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Not MPP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my request for help a couple of months ago, if anyone is interested - IT WORKS! Although you lose the rise because the front standard is inside the body, and you can't fit rangefinder stops, depth of field is from half way down the baseboad (if you forget to drop it!) to infinity at f8. I've got a Voigtlander 15mm viewfinder that corresponds pretty well to the groundglass. What a fantastic bit of kit (as we say over here) and (minus the lens) it only cost me about £200 (US$300).
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-07-21 11:05, Not MPP wrote:
Further to my request for help a couple of months ago, if anyone is interested - IT WORKS! Although you lose the rise because the front standard is inside the body, and you can't fit rangefinder stops, depth of field is from half way down the baseboad (if you forget to drop it!) to infinity at f8. I've got a Voigtlander 15mm viewfinder that corresponds pretty well to the groundglass. What a fantastic bit of kit (as we say over here) and (minus the lens) it only cost me about £200 (US$300).
Actually, you don't have to lose rise if you're willing to dispense with the frame finder.

I asked how to do this a while ago, and was given instructions for dismantling the front standard and removing the frame finder. They're somewhere on this board, but I can't find them. Their essence was, take the front standard off the rails, remove the four screws that hold on the lensboard sliders, open up the standard, remove the frame. I found the front standard somewhat difficult to reassemble.

Will whoever gave me the advice please give it again?

As for your lens, color me envious. My widest lens, a 38/4.5 Biogon still at the shop being mounted in shutter, won't cover 2 1/4 by 3 1/4, yours will. Must be interesting to use, and useful too.

Cheers,

Dan
Not MPP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I hadn't thought of that! The only thing I wonder about is whether the bellows will be flexible enough to allow rise (the only movement I use).

I think I will have to get my screwdriver out!
Many thanks,
John

Quote:

On 2002-07-26 10:08, Dan Fromm wrote:
Quote:

Actually, you don't have to lose rise if you're willing to dispense with the frame finder.

I asked how to do this a while ago, and was given instructions for dismantling the front standard and removing the frame finder. They're somewhere on this board, but I can't find them. Their essence was, take the front standard off the rails, remove the four screws that hold on the lensboard sliders, open up the standard, remove the frame. I found the front standard somewhat difficult to reassemble.

As for your lens, color me envious. My widest lens, a 38/4.5 Biogon still at the shop being mounted in shutter, won't cover 2 1/4 by 3 1/4, yours will. Must be interesting to use, and useful too.

Cheers,

Dan
Not MPP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I hadn't thought of that! The only thing I wonder about is whether the bellows will be flexible enough to allow rise (the only movement I use).

Many thanks,
John

Quote:

On 2002-07-26 10:08, Dan Fromm wrote:
Quote:

Cheers,

Dan
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-07-27 06:30, Not MPP wrote:

Many thanks,
John

For what its worth, with a 65/6.8 Raptar, I can put the standard up against the top. With your lens I expect the bellows will be a bit more compressed, but its worth a try.

Do report back, and I'm still green.

Cheers,

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: