Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What focus scale for 2x3 Pacemaker & 101 / f4.5 Ektar ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am restoring a 2x3 Pacemaker Speed Graphic. I don't think I have the correct focus scale for the 101mm f4.5 Ektar that was on it.

Can anyone help with the correct number as stamped on the back side of the stationary scale?

Also looking for numbers for scales for 101mm f4.5 Optar and 105mm f3.5 Xenar.

Any help will be appreciated.
Tony Brent
alecj

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toney, scales were made to correspond with focal lengths, not specific lenses. Thus, no different scales for Ektars vs. Optars.

Since lenses are not all the same focal length [e.g. 2 lenses marked 101mm might not both be exactly 101mm], a range of scales were made for most focal lengths and Graflex matched them up after the exact fl of the lenses was determined. As you can see from the foregoing, this was very up-to-date work. Graflex wasn't No. 1 for so long with press photographers, the ones who had to come back with something, without a lot of effort. So much for preliminaries.

For the 101mm fl, they had six scales. For exactly 101mm, the scale no. was 30882-2. Other scales were made for various deviations, and their numbers [the last number] ranged from 3 - 6.

For the 105mm fl, they had five scales. For exactly 105mm, the scale no. was 30882-7 [yes, it continued from the other scales mentioned above]. The other scales ranged up from 8 to 11.

Hope that helps.

Alec
ajb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alec. That gets me a lot further along.

I will have to take them off and see what the different numbers are and try to match as best I can.

I have the Kalart just about on the money for the Ektar, so I am not going to put another lens on any time soon. It's plenty sharp.

I do see a difference between the Ektar and the Optar.

I appreciate the help.

Tony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: