Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crown cam gets off-track

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lober

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a late model top-rangefinder 4x5 Crown. If I focus on something closer than the rangefinder limits the bed will frequently not rack back as the cam moves too far and the end catches against the rangefinder actuating arm. Suggestions for resolving this...?
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confusing--Because if all is adjusted right>
the cam should never get to the "off limit"
stage--sounds to me like "wrong cam/lens combo" or that infin stops were moved to avoid adjusting the RF properly????
lober

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, my post did not clearly describe the issue. Viewed from the front, the cam travel is controlled by the spring plunger on the left and the external plunger / ball column on the right. My problem does not occur in the normal focusing range. It occurs when the bed is racked far forward, such as when making closeups using the ground glass. The yoke on the bed now moves forward of the external plunger which permits the plunger to stop at it's forward most position and the cam to slide fully right and remain at it's closest focusing position. The problem is that the cam slides about a 1mm too far to the right. When the bed is racked back in, and the yoke begins to push against the external plunger, the left edge of the cam catches on the rangefinder arm and jams. It is necessary to rack a bit forward to release the jam. Now, the cam comes out a bit and is off track. This necessitates re-inserting the cam. I know this is very long-winded but it seems difficult to describe more succinctly.

[ This Message was edited by: lober on 2001-06-28 19:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: lober on 2001-06-28 19:55 ]
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be normal---when taking closeup's--
to lower the inf stops---and extend the lensboard beyond them---some add a second set of inf stops, for 1 to 1 copying!
hycamcan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2001 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with my 45 top rangefinder Crown.
Haven't fixed it yet , but last time I looked , I concluded the problem was with the linkage (flat) that is attached to the rangefinder on top- ie I would need to loosen the small screw holding it in place ( on the far right looking in ) -repositioning the linkage slightly and tightening the screw again . Not an easy job in tight quarters. Ed at hycamcan@magma.ca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: