Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R B Graflex Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnt6020

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 3-1/4 X 4-1/4 RB Graflex for which I need help. 1) Where is the serial number? The plate on the bottom of the camera has several patent dates but no serial number.
2) Where can I get a copy of the shutter speed medalion? I had a damaged viewing hood, took it in for repair, technician threw away the old hood with the medallion attached. 3) Where can I get some sort of film holder. I have a Graflex cut film magazine but it has a torn leather and a broken off dark slide. Any kind of holder that works would do. 4) Where can I get film?
bryanlaplante

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look inside the top lid, I've seen it stamped into the wood there on one of my RB's. Front edge. My 4x5 is 184852.
johnt6020

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to bryanlaolante I found the camera number on the small of the two cameras I have. The camera is #10656. The lens is marked Double Plasmat Foc 7-3/4 In - Patent Dr Rudoloh. Hugo Meyer Co., Goerlitz Nr 292505. I finally got the broken dark slide out and measured to opening and found that the opening measured 3 X 4 inches, no fractions. I checked the 12 film holders and they seem to be OK, not bent or wrinkled. I cannt figure out how to change film holders through the leather cover. The leather is shot but even with my fingers where I can see them through the torn leather I do not see how to shift the film holders. Can anyone help? Can anyone replace the leather cover or substitute something for it?

The second camera is much larger and heavier,
Its lens is a Kodak Anistigmat F 4.5 8-1/2 In. 5 X 7 Nr. 1.0975. Yes there is a decimal point in the number] I am not sure of the film size but the opening in the back of the camera measures just a little less than 4 X 5. When the button is pressed the fromt cover pops open to form sort of a sun shade.
The bellows extends about 8 inches. I cannot find any sort of clamp or locking device to hold the setting. If I release the knob the bellows pulls the lens back toward the camera. I have only a focusing back, no film holders. I cannot find a number on this camera. Can anyone help?

JET
Les

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double check that serial number again, most are 6 digits long not 5.

As to the Bag Mag (film magazine) look on the top or bottom edge for a d-ringed strip of metal (I think its on the bottom).

If you pull this straight to the right it will engage the 'exposed' sheet of film and place most of it in the leather bag. then you grab the film, pull it gently the rest of the way out and manuver it to the back of the stack.
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les---I have 3 old Auto Graflex models a 4x5 and (2)3x4's 1st is ser # 53892, 2nd is #48434, 3rd is #95361--very old, all have the cloverleaf shaped hardware! Know you are >not< telling us that these 5 digit numbers are non-existant---but they are still out there, two of these cameras were acquired only two years ago!
Does your dating info go back that far? Bert
Angnar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SUPER D 4/5 EBAY #1379261262 CAMERA WITH GRAFLOK BACK. CAN THE Graflok BACK BE ORIGINAL,OR INSTALED AFTER? HOW OR WHERE CAN I GET A GRAFLOK FOR MINE? I NEED SOME REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR MINE. ANY HELP APRECIATED. ANGNAR
Les

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote from Bert
"Les---I have 3 old Auto Graflex models a 4x5 and (2)3x4's 1st is ser # 53892, 2nd is #48434, 3rd is #95361--very old, all have the cloverleaf shaped hardware! Know you are >not< telling us that these 5 digit numbers are non-existant.

Now Bert you know better than that. Take a look at the facts. First I said MOST numbers are 6 and not 5. Second he has an RB series B. You of all people would know that that camera was made after 1923. All of your very old cameras listed are Auto Graflexes and they have serial numbers in the 40,000-95,000, His serial number was 10,000.

How can his post-'23 camera have a 10K serial number when your teen era camera has a 95K serial number?

It can't. I'lll stand by my original statement. That camera has a 6 digit serial number.
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not disputing anything you say Les, but tried to explain that you were >>>>>>not saying that 5 digit no's "were non existant"<<<<<<, not that his camera could have a 5 digit number!
Text is not always self explanitory, especially when written by an old coger like me who still hasnt found the way to put smiles on this forum....except to say....haha...and only able to send photos by email, to the folks that request info! Sorry if you mis-interpreted my meaning!
>>>>>In response to JT6020 location of the ser no on the big camera, look behind the chimney hood on the door, most of my Graflex models have the ser. no in that spot! Bert

[ This Message was edited by: bertsaunders on 2002-09-10 20:27 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: