Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

top-mounted rangefinder on a Crown Graphic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dheffner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Crown Graphic has a top-mounted plastic Graphex rangefinder/viewfinder that is inoperable because it lacks the battery or batteries. Also, the battery compartment is open, so I'm wondering if a cover is missing. Can anyone tell me what battery/batteries I need and where to find them? Also, whether I need a battery compartment closure? thanks.
alecj

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes two LR6 1.5v also known in the US as AA.

Several vendors sell replacement doors. Look for Graflex vendors on the main board.
LelandRay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a point of clarification, the rangefinder doesn't need batteries to work, though the focusing light does need them.

dheffner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply concerning my Crown Graphic top rangefinder. AAs do seem to fit, but it still won't focus in the rangefinder. The filament on the bulb is good, but no light.
Les

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rangelite works only when you press the red button on the right side, a lot of times the contacts are corroded.

If the rangefinder doesn't move at all when you move the focus tracks you might have

A) The pushrod inside the body on the lower left may be bent and stuck, this needs to move with the focus tracks.

B) you may not have a cam inside the rangefinder, look inside the body at the top, lower the black door and see if you can find a curved piece of metal in the track.

C) somebody may have lost all of the balls and cylinders in the tube that runs inside the camera. If the pushrod is loose move it and look in the place where the cam is, if the cam moves, the balls are there, if not, your in deep doggy do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: