Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphic 35 Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davemanm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I was wondering if all of the models of the graphic 35 had "graphic 35" written on the front of the camera. I recently bought a graflex camera and it does not specify what model it is, but it closely resembles the graphic 35. It has a seikosha-mx "prominar F.C. f/2.8 48mm" lens, and says century 35 on the lens itself. I was just wondering what my camera might be. It also came with a lot of older equiptment like a light meter (also says seikosha), various filters and hoods, closeup attachments, and other parts I can't describe. I am kind of ignorant to graflex cameras (or any camera for that matter), but I am slowly learning. I was also wondering who might be the best person to talk to about the worth of the camera. There isn't a used camera shop around here, so my resources are limited. thanks a lot!
jdman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect yours is a newer model. Both of my Graphic 35's have the 2 button focus, and have Graphic 35 written on the lower left corner of the front. My 2.8 is 50mm and is a Graflex Graflar lens. Russ
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The company took the easy way to produce the 35mm camera, they worked a deal with "Ciro-flex" camera company, for the tools and productions rights to manufacture the single lens, and dual lens versions of their camera, in 1951---not positive, but think that the Graflex 22 is a twin lens Ciro-flex(2 1/4 x 2 1/4)also! Ciro-flex was a well established company, with their all metal bodied cameras, at the time of purchase! A bit off the question asked, but hadda get my 2 cents worth in! Ebay has had these cameras up for auction in the past, and Fred Lustig may be a source for the items you want! Bert
Davemanm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> 35mm Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: