Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Film for 3X4 Graflex RB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnt6020

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 3-1/4X4 1/4 Graflex RB. Had it in for repair, technician threw away the bad viewing hood. The shutter speed plate was on this viewing hood, not on the body of the camera as usual. Need a copy of one of these.
I can use a dark cloth for viewing.

The only film holder I have is a cut film magazine with torn leather and a broken off dark slide. Need a couple of suitable two sheet holders, a 6X9 adapter or repair of the cut film holder.

Also need a reliable source of film. I am too clumsey to cut down 4X5 reliably.

The camera number is not readable.The lens is a Dr. Hugo Meyer & Co. Nr 292505 Double Plasmat1:4 7-3/4 inches. It's an oldie but I would like to use it. A desirable feature is a double extension bellows.
Les

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd look to ebay or one of the merchants on this sites links, midwest or columbus camera. As for 3x4 film holders. Since nobody wants these they go cheap..

I'm having a problem coming up with the name of an outfit in California that cuts down master rolls of Ilford film. Camera wearhouse Photo wearhouse, something with a wearhouse in the name.

If somebody else doesn't come to my rescue, check the alt photo list, or boards, they know these guys. I've ask them about cutting down film for whole plate cameras (6.5x8.5) and since they sell it by the square inch it was cheaper than cutting down 8x10 and wasting money.

You'll need at least one good film holder to accurately measure the dimentions for the film. 3x4 film isn't 3x4. It needs to be a bit shorter to slide in easily. And the last thing you want to do is to have a pile of film that's slightly too big around the house

Also please post which camera repair person worked on your camera so we can all stay away from him!

[ This Message was edited by: Les on 2002-06-29 12:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Les on 2002-06-29 12:23 ]
jdman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic Camera list 3/1/4 by 4 1/4 TMAX 125, 35.00 per 25 sheets. Russ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex XL Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: