Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Polaroid 600

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfujii

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Polaroid 600 Reply with quote

I'm in the process of getting a 4x5 Graflex Super Graphic (the camera I learned on in 1965) and noticed that the Impossible Project is making Polaroid Type 600 film available again.

Does anyone know what the best back (that supports Polaroid 600 film) to get for the Super Graphic?
dvonk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there may be a bit of confusion here, which is understandable...

The Impossible Project makes integral instant film for 600 type cameras (e.g., SLR 680, OneStep 600). this is the square film with the white border that automatically spits out the front of the motorized camera after taking a photo.

Polaroid type 600 film (type 665, 667, 669, etc.) was peel-apart instant pack film designed for use in Polaroid 100 type cameras from the '60s and '70s (e.g., Polaroid Land Camera 101, 210, 360, 420, etc.).

the only type of instant peel-apart film that is still being manufactured is Fuji FP-100c. it is a fantastic film with great color and can be purchased at Adorama, B&H, Amazon, etc. it currently sells for $8.50 a pack.

Fuji discontinued their B&W instant peel-apart film (FP-3000B) in November of 2013. it can still be purchased as various vendors get random shipments of the final factory run, but the prices are highly inflated... over double what they used to be.

now, to answer your question (if youre still reading)--to shoot the instant peel-apart pack film in your 4x5 Super Graphic, you will need either a Polaroid 405 back or a Fuji PA-145 back.
cfujii

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Polaroid 600 Reply with quote

OK,
I guess it's the Fuji film pack holder. I think B&H still sells them.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: