Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x3 graphics and RB67 backs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BetterSense

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: 2x3 graphics and RB67 backs Reply with quote

I have been told the RB67 back is actually a 2x3 graflok back. If so I have the following questions:

1. Can I put RB67 roll film backs on a 2x3 graphic with 2x3 graflok back? If I fake out the interlocks somehow so the RB back operates, will the film be at the right position?

2. Can I put 2x3 graflex roll film backs on an RB67? If I fake out the RB interlocks so the camera operates, will the graflex back hold the film matching the RB prism finder?

3. Will 2x3 graflok ground glass attach to an RB67? Is there any other way to use 2x3 sheet film holders with an RB67 back? I don't think the graflok sliders will hold the film holders unless I would modify the film holders with a groove, correct?
choiliefan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an RB67 camera but I do have an RB67 back and a slew of Graphic 23 backs and a Century Graphic.

A side by side examination of RB67 and Graphic back shows they are functionally identical with both 6X7 openings aligned perfectly so it should match the viewfinder image.

I don't see any interlocks which will need your attention. The only difference between the two is the RB67 back has a lock for the dark slide at the lower bottom right which unlocks (as it should) when secured to the camera by the slides.

Not having an RB67 camera, I can't speak re the ground glass. You are right re the sheet film holders. I have one slotted 23 holder which fits the graflok back perfectly. Standard 23 holders are pretty cheap so lacking a spring back, you could experiment by slotting one on a mill or table saw and see how that works out.

My first post here!
BetterSense

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RB67 has some mechanism that signals to the back that an exposure has been made. This prevents double-winding. I am worried this means I would have to take the back off the camera to trip the interlock in order to wind the film.
choiliefan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: rb67... Reply with quote

As mentioned before, comparing the RB67 to the Graphic back shows no difference in features except the dark slide lock.

The RB67 back I have is labeled "Pro S" which may be an early version? This RB67 back has the same small lock below the advance lever which disengages the lever to advance to the next frame. Functionally it is the same as all of my graphic holders.

All the best,
BetterSense

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the interlock on my RB back. It's a little circular button on the front. When you fire the RB67 shutter, a little rod pops out the back of the camera and hits the button. Then you can wind to the next frame.

I didn't know there was a lever to unlock the back for winding but there probably is and I just didn't know it.
choiliefan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The button is just below the advance lever on the back of both RB67 and Graphic rollfilm backs. Since the Graphic camera doesn't have the mechanism you refer to, just press this button to advance the RB67 back on the Graphic.

An interesting aside is that my RB67 ProS back fits my Graflex XL only if the dark slide is pulled out a bit to clear the back edge of the camera. It works perfectly on the Century Graphic just as designed.
1banjo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hay on my RB pro S I removed the dark slide locks & work
A lot easer that way. & I have not tried on my XL but it
Works on all of my other 2x3 cameras Swiss ,
Horseman, Linhof
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: