Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

150mm f/3 Zettar projector lens

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter k

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: 150mm f/3 Zettar projector lens Reply with quote

Well I can receive a 150mm f/3 Zettar projector lens, from Zett Projektion Braunzweig, with a custom lens board for a 3x4, for the cost of shipping from Europe.
It will run around $24 without tracking and trace, or $33 dollars with tracking. The lens, I'm told looks great (no scratches, clear coating, no fungus).

Supposedly, its for a 3x4. Now I love to try this on my 3x4 Anniversary Speed... and test out its curtain. But I like to verify that its 'image circle' would work for a 3x4 speed?

and/ or, are there other suggestions, or comments about this lens use, its sharpness, ect.
Thanks p.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, I asked Google what it could find for Zettar AND lens OR objectif OR objektiv

This: http://www.medien-museum.de/museum/Photo/DIA/Dia5.htm was among the first hundred hits.

People who ask questions they could easily have answered themselves are imposing on the community.
peter k

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan for the reply.. being a lens newbie, and not as intelligent about lenses as you are. I did do a Google search, but now have been educated to understanding that I made the mistake of asking about the specific lens, the 150mm f/3 Zettar projector lens, and not just any Zettar.

So thank you for the education, I'm sorry I wasted your time, as this has been quite a busy site of late, or maybe you have been stressed in clarifying newbie misdirected, but imposing inquiries.

I have have read many of your replies, here and on other forums, and have enjoyed the help, clarification that you have given others, and myself on occasion, as I try to research an understanding. Appreciate your efforts.
Keep it up, at times it can be very entertaining.

I now will search, just for Zettar...
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, the link I gave you has much of the answer.

Using projector lenses as taking lenses is a new fad, there's no information about how well most of them work as taking lenses. But since you have one coming you'll soon be able to ask it.
peter k

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I gave up on the Zettar search, and went into projection lenses used in LF... showing some of samples of the pictures taken ... exotic!

I can see where it could be considered a fad, I'm still trying to get my technique down in just taking pictures with normal lenses.

It was free, except for the shipping, and since its not truly a photographic lens, doesn't seem to be worth the expense and the creative hassle at this time, in using it, to have it shipped, so will probably pass on it.

Maybe later, when I have more experience I may want to experiment, if I want to become more challenged.

Thanks for the clarification, and do enjoy your posts, as I ran across some more in this search on the web.
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The search term or keyword is the key to getting good results. I find if I search for a term/keyword, close that search, then initiate a search for the same term 30 minutes later I get a new set of results. Its frustrating when you look at a link from the initial search, close the search and link, come back later for more information from the link or other information contained in that link or other links from the original search.
This is what Peter may be experiencing.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles, the link I gave him still works.

You're right about the difficulty of recreating a search. That's why I bookmark interesting links. My list of temporary bookmarks keeps growing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: