Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rangefinder bright spot out of order ?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moni

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I want to buy a super speed graphic. But the bright spot doesn't show up in the range finder . Is it easy to repair or shall I buy another?
extraparts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one like that, and the half silvered mirror (beam spliter) wasn't half silvered any more. I have also seen the mirrors slip. On later models (top range finder) they are easy to get at. I would suspect that getting it fixed wouldn't be hard although I haven't had a side mount range finder apart.

Neal
extraparts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! I missed the "super" on the question. Ignore about half my answer. It is still probably the half silvered mirror, and it may have gotten damaged by bad batteries. It will be a bit harder to access than a top mount, and you will have to find a mirror.

Also be sure the cam is installed, its too late at night for me to dig out mine but I suspect that without a cam in place you wouldn't see the spot.

Neal
extraparts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to look. Bright spot is there even with no cam. Disassembly doesn't look like it is for the faint of heart.

Neal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: