Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help identifying Compur 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MonkeyBrain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Help identifying Compur 1 Reply with quote

Hi, can anyone tell me more about the shutter on this lens?:

EDIT: removed link, sorry...doesn't really make sense to see this lens bought by someone else now that I've established it is the one I need.

I need a shutter that will sync with electronic flash, and can't tell if this Compur 1 will do so. I understand that those with X sync are usually called Syncro Compur, but this one isn't. Is it a more modern version, and therefore X sync is just taken for granted as standard and therefore not labelled?

I've searched all over the place for examples of Compur 1 shutters, but NONE of the ones I've found online look anything like this one. And the seller has not provided enough photos from different angles to be able to see what else is on this shutter. Will it work with my Crown Graphic and modern studio flash?

Thanks for reading...

Last edited by MonkeyBrain on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second picture shows a PC type sync terminal next to the cable release socket.
MonkeyBrain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I wondered if it might be, but somehow it didn't quite look right. Also, I'm accustomed to having to use bi-post to sync, so I guess I wasn't really expecting a PC connection.

Anyway, that's great news, thanks.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

compur 1 could refer to the shutter size or the electronic controlled compur #1 shutter. scanning ebay us a and italy i saw schnider 210 in each type on the european market. the electronic controlled shutter would not be a good choice imo. just my $.0175
MonkeyBrain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the extra info.

No, I'm pretty sure it's not the electronic one (that has a great big motor or something stuck on the side, right?). I gather they usually don't work anymore anyway so I'm staying away from them.

it's a 180 lens I'm looking for in the end.

Or better still, an entire Crown with a 180mm mounted and correct rangefinder cam in place, but not having much luck with that so looks like I'll have to put this together piece by piece.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: