Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How easy/hard is it to restore a Combat Graphic?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaocaholica

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: How easy/hard is it to restore a Combat Graphic? Reply with quote

Does the combat graphic break down easily? Or was it built to not be taken apart? I'm looking to restore the body on one to the original color and finish.
bruiser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shaocaholica,

I've just had a close look at one of mine. With some careful masking it appears like it would be easier to refinish by leaving it in one piece rather than pull it apart, which doesn't look easy! These things were designed to be tough so most of the repairable bits (except the rear shutter mechanism) are on the outside of the body and packed around the shutter.

Good luck!

Bruce
http://graflex.coffsbiz.com
Fotoguy20d

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a completely disassembled combat graphic. I bought it that way, figuring it couldn't be that difficult to put back together (and having a complete Graflex 45 I figured I could use as a template). maybe I'll have my ten year old do it - he's good with Legos.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Military Cameras All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: