Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need focusing panel for miniature Speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnonymousPictures

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Need focusing panel for miniature Speed Reply with quote

I am awaiting the arrival of a miniature (2 1/4 x 3 1/4) Speed Graphic that has a roll film holder on back, but no focusing panel, or whatever you call the removable part of a Graflex back that includes ground glass and pop-up focusing hood.

Does anyone have an extra?

I have one in 4x5 if anyone is interested in that.

I could also use a lens board, but can make that a whole lot easier than the other part.

Thanks

AnonymousPictures.tumblr.com
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to company word play many get confused on back names.

Graphic: aka spring back. has a focus panel with a leaf spring top and bottom of the focus panel that connects to the camera back frame via a screw at the center of the springs. the back accepts standard 2 sided film holders. has a grove in the back at the film holder insertion end that a ridge on the film holder fits into to form a light trap.

Graflok: aka international back. has a removable focus panel that holds the ground glass and a view hood. the back also has slide locks that run the length of the frame. the slide locks are angled inward at approximately 45°. the back accepts standard film holders and accessories. has a grove in the back at the film holder insertion end that a ridge on the film holder fits into to form a light trap

Graflex: found on all Graflex SLR cameras and some speed and crown cameras. back had an "optional" ground glass focus frame. the back accepts graflex film holders only. graflex film holders are the same length as standard film holders but are 3/32-1/8 inch wider than standard film holders. the back has a raised frame edge that fits into a grove in the film holder to make a light trap. the film holders have slots that run the length of the holder for the holder mounts to fit into.
the back has a fixed bar on the bottom and a sliding bar on top to attach the film holder. the bars are at a constant 90° to the film holder/camera back.

The standard back for a Miniature Speed was the graphic, it could be special ordered with a graflex and in the early 1950's a graflok was available as a retro modification.
AnonymousPictures

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: mea culpa Reply with quote

I wait until the Speed arrives to figure out what I need.

Thanks, Charles

AnonymousPictures.tumblr.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: